Health & Wellness Resources
We know that it can difficult to navigate healthcare as a member of the LGBTQ+ community. We're currently expanding this web page as we work with on- and off-campus health and wellness partners to expand our resources for students.
For help finding an inclusive provider or for support relating to health and wellness plans, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Mental Health Resources
- Counseling Center
- Wellness Coaching
- Latinx & Bilingual Mental Health Providers in Iowa
- Trevor Project (LGBTQ+ crisis support via call, text or chat)
- Trans Lifeline
Please email us for off-campus recommendations.
Physical Health Resources
- Student Health Clinic
- Student Wellness Services
- UnityPoint LGBTQ Clinic in Cedar Falls *
- People's Clinic in Waterloo (income-based fees, ask for Dr. Brent Buhr) *
- Allen Women's Health (all staff has been Safe Zone Ally trained)
* Denotes providers of trans-specific healthcare, including gender-affirming hormone therapy.
Sexual Health Resources
- My IA Condoms: free condom locator and order form
- STD/HIV and PrEP Resources
Please note that Gender & Sexuality Services is not a legal or social service agency and cannot provide legal, medical or social services or referrals. We will do our best to direct you to information and resources appropriate to your needs.