The Midwest Bisexual, Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, and Ally College Conference (MBLGTACC) is an annual LGBTQ+ three-day conference hosted by Midwestern colleges and universities in the following states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. Created in 1993, MBLGTACC includes a variety of workshops, activities, speakers, and entertainment that touch on issues affecting the lives of LGBTQ+ people. MBLGTACC serves as a space for all LGBTQ+ people as well as allies. This year, the conference will take place February 15-17, 2019 in Wichita.
- Gender & Sexuality Services is prepared to take a small delegation of students to the conference in order to support the development of student skills, encourage networking, and empower our community to create change at UNI and beyond.
- Students who are interested as part of the Gender & Sexuality Services delegation should submit the attached funding application.
- Up to six selected students would make up the delegation, receiving financial support for most of the costs of the trip to Wichita, including registration, lodging, and transportation.
- The six selected students will be responsible for paying up to $50 toward the total delegation cost.
Image above links to the application. You can also access the Google Form application here.
Important Dates and Information:
- Applications are available in Gender & Sexuality Services or on our website
- Students who submit their applications by Friday, December 14, 2018 at 4:30 PM will receive priority consideration.
- Responses to the applications will be sent out via email by Friday, January 4, 2019
- Funding application are available to undergraduate and graduate level students, with a preference given to students who are presenting at the conference.
- Pending funding, those students selected will receive financial support in the form of covered registration, lodging, and transportation to and from the conference.
University Covered Costs
- Registration of up to six selected applicants prior to the conference ($75.00 per student)
- Transportation via University vehicle both to and from the conference
- Lodging for two nights at the conference hotel for February 15-17 (up to three students to a room, with one bed or cot per person)
- Each student in the delegation will pay up to $50 towards their trip cost.
- Each student will be responsible for their own meals. Cost of food will vary depending on personal preference.
- Students would also be responsible for any sight-seeing activities not included in the conference schedule.
- Students with financial limitations are still encouraged to apply.
- Students in attendance at MBLGTACC 2019 are representatives of the University and are expected to follow the Student Conduct Code, as outlined here: http://www.uni.edu/policies/302
- Students participating in the Gender & Sexuality Services delegation, and subsequently receiving financial support are expected to attend the conference in its entirety.
- Students participating in the Gender & Sexuality Services delegation are expected to contribute to one LGBT(ea) Time focused on student social justice to share what they gained from the conference, how it will impact their UNI experience, and ideas they have for local advocacy.
Questions? Call Emily Harsch at (319)-273-5428 or email email@example.com.