The LGBT* Center has a team of student volunteers who help support our campus resources and benefit from year-long professional development. If you are interested in this volunteer position, please read the list of expectations for LGBT* Center volunteers and fill out the application below. Applications are rolling until all positions are filled.
Our volunteers should plan to spend 2-3 hours per week with the LGBT* Center. The responsibilities of the volunteers include:
- Plan and lead one LGBT(ea) Time discussion per semester (can be done collaboratively)
- Create one bulletin board or outreach project per year (can be done collaboratively)
- Host one resource hour per week at night, with an emphasis on studying and after-hour peer support
- Attend a group meeting every other week
- Other opportunities may include representing the LGBT* Center at orientations and resource fairs, supporting Safe Zone Ally trainings, assisting with events, supporting the functions of the LGBT* Center
We expect our volunteers to:
- Communicate timely and respectfully in person and in e-mail
- Greet all visitors who come into the LGBT* Center and introduce yourself to them with your name and pronouns
- Dress in business casual or Panther attire when representing the Center and wear an Ambassador nametag
- Respect that the Center is a safe space and keep all interactions with students inside of the Center confidential. However you must share concerns for students' well being with the LGBT* Center staff members.
- Understand that you are a role model and are expected to act as one in your role inside the Center as well as what you do outside the Center (post on social media, say to friends, and do on the weekends)
If you are interested in serving as an LGBT* Center Ambassador, please fill out the application below. If you do not receive a follow-up e-mail within a week, please contact us at email@example.com.